Most of the year Rainbow Beach is blessed with sunshine filled days. Of course, some days there is going to be the odd shower (or more). While this is great for our beautiful gardens, it is not all bad for guests. Here are some options for any weather…
Watersports – Since you are going to be wet anyway you could try:
- Kayaking with the dolphins
- Learn to surf
- Dip at the beach – hire our skim and body boards
- Enjoy our solar heated pool – perfect year round
- Paddle in Seary’s Creek
- Laps at Tin Can Bay pool
Bushwalks – grab a raincoat and go!
There are lots of walks around town and in our beautiful National Park. Visit the National Park Office for some specialised information about our wildlife, trails and vegetation.
Join a tour
- Dolphin Ferry – feed our wild dolphins
- Cruise the Sandy Straits – see dugongs, turtles and a natural wonderland
- Fraser Island – from the majesty of Central Station, to the energy of Eli Creek and the ruins of the Maheno, a bit of sprinkling won’t marr your visit
- Double Island Point – steeped in history and magnificent views
Catch a Fish
Fish don’t mind if there is a spot of rain… bring some home for your BBQ dinner! Beach fishing, rock fishing, yabbying, deep sea tours, hire a tinnie…
- 4WD to Fraser Island (Hire vehicles are available)
- 4WD up the beach to Double Island Point (pictured) or Inskip, or go inland to Freshwater Lake and Teewah Beach
- Enjoy a Sunday drive to Tin Can Bay, and continue along their esplanade
Hit the shops
Meander through gift shops, surf shops and boutiques – our small town precinct holds plenty for your attention. You can always pop over to Tin Can Bay and Cooloola Cove shopping centre for a change of scenery and more to choose from!
Enjoy a day spa
We have more than one spot in town to get pampered. Massages, wraps, facials, manicures, pedicures. Focus on some mother and daughter time or grab a his and hers and relax…
With no lack of restaurants, cafes and bakeries to choose from – you could dine out twice a day for a week in Rainbow Beach at a different eateries each time! You can overlook a piazza, views of the coastline or enjoy a spot of people watching whilst you down your brew. For a small laidback town we have a lot to offer our guests! Then there is Tin Can Bay…
With our fully self contained apartments and covered BBQ areas, you can indulge in some home cooking with the beautiful local seafood or choose some fresh produce from our Tin Can Bay Markets. Source some ingredients from across the road and let the kids go Masterchef with some pancakes!
Read or Game…
Across the road is our library – open 5 days out of 7, it is very kid friendly with toys, games and puzzles. Locals and visitors enjoy reading the days papers and mags while the kids have some fun.Visitors can borrow too! Plus there are secondhand novels for bargain prices at the library and community centre next door, and new books in the newsagent and IGA. With our spacious units there is room for a game of cards, an ongoing board game or puzzle.
Borrow a DVD
Whether it is a latest release or an old classic, curl up in our comfortable spacious apartments and watch it on your big screen TV!
Our gym will ensure you keep to your exercise routine regardless of the weather.
Lastly – there is plenty to do less than an hour away in Gympie and Maryborough:
- Boutique wineries
- Shopping centres
- Cinemas, even a old fashioned drive in!
- Museums – Woodworks and Gold Mining
- Train trips with the Mary Valley Rattler, and minirailroad in Maryborough
- Events at the Brolga Theatre
- Indoor Playgrounds
- Ten Pin Bowling
- Live music